What is a Resume?
- A resume tells possible employers about your experiences and skills. It lets them see (very quickly) if you are a possible fit for a position.
- It is important that you have a resume ready prior to applying for a job.
What is a Brag Sheet?
- A brag sheet tells people about you so that they can write a letter of recommendation for you.
- It is important that you have a brag sheet ready to give to any adult that might write a recommendation, such as teachers, coaches, counselors, etc.
- Here are some resources to help with creating a brag sheet:
- Fast Web: Building Your Brag Sheet
- Campus Explorerer: How to Write a High School Brag Sheet
- There are thousands of templates availabe online to view examples. You can also see your counselor for form to help you.
- You should give a person at least two weeks to complete a letter of recommendation. That is two weeks with giving them a complete brag sheet and giving yourself time to send or mail the application in plenty of time after the recommendation was provided. Plan ahead!!!