9th Grade Planning Timeline
- Now that you're in 9th grade, it's time to get serious about your post-secondary plans.
- Don't neglect your study habits!
- Be sure to check out some successful study techniques here.
- Talk to your school counselors, teachers, family members, or trusted adults about your plans for college. If you're not sure college is the best option for you, explore the other options available to you.
- Use your Plan of Study (Graduation Checklist) to keep track of your courses and grades.
- You can always ask your school counselor for your Graduation Checklist, or download your own here.
- Find out about college entrance requirements for the schools you're interested in.
- You can always ask your school counselor or college advisor for assistance in college exploration, or you can visit CFNC's College Search for some exploration on your own.
- Create a file of the following documents and notes to help you begin preparation for brag sheets, resumes, etc.
- Report cards, awards and honors, school and community activities, and volunteer work.
- Find out about AP and other honors- level courses.
- You can always explore the available course offerings here.
- Get involved in school and community activities.
- Be sure to check out the clubs and extracurricular activities available to you here at North Pitt.
Some new things to understand as an incoming freshman.
Block Scheduling: Students will take 8 courses. Courses will be split into 2 semesters- 4 courses each semester.
Attendance: Attendance is taken in each individual class period. More than 10 unexcused absences in a course results in a fail.
Career and College Planning: